- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup vegan/ gluten-free mayo
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 8oz Banza pasta box (shells)
- 1/2 cup vegan cotija cheese ( optional to make from scratch or use your choice of cheese)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2-4 strips of bacon tempeh ( pre- seasoned or make from scratch)
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno
- 3 green onions
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 14 oz black beans
VEGAN COTIJA CHEESE INGREDIENTS (** OPTIONAL TO MAKE FROM SCRATCH)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup silvered almonds
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons black olive brine
VEGAN/ GLUTEN FREE TEMPEH BACON STRIP INGREDIENTS (** OPTIONAL TO SEASON YOUR OWN)
- 1 8oz package tempeh
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos or tamari sauce
- pinch of pepper
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Place the black pepper, sriracha, chili powder, paprika, ground cumin, lemon zest, lemon juice and mayo into a bowl. Mix all ingredients until you have a smooth dressing. Place in a container and set aside.
- Boil 8 cups of water. Once water is boiling, add in the pasta shells. Allow the pasta shells to cook for 7-8 minutes. Drain pasta and rinse it out with cold water. allow the pasta to cool down. Set it aside in a medium bowl.
- In a medium skillet add a tiny amount of sunflower oil and add in the corn. Allow corn to cook evenly and turn a golden-yellow, slightly burnt. Once cooked, set it aside and allow it to cool down.
- In a bowl. Add in your pasta, corn, jalapeno, onions, cilantro and black beans. Add in your sauce and sprinkle in your cotija cheese. Toss in your tempeh bacon bits and if you have the bacon strips mak sure to crumble the strips into bacon bits. Add avocado in the side. Enjoy:)
COTIJA CHEESE (OPTINAL TO MAKE YOUR OWN. YOU CAN BUY PRE MADE)
- Place lemon juice, almonds, salt and brine into the food processor. Mix on medium until you get a crumbly mixture. Don’t over process. Mixture is suppose to be crumbly and over processing can make a smooth almond butter paste texture.
- Place the mixture into a cheese cloth and twist tightly to close.Squaeeze out all the excess amount of liquid out. Leave in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove the cheese cloth and crumble your cheese.
VEGAN/ GLUTEN FREE TEMPEH BACON BITS (** OPTIONAL TO MAKE. YOU CAN BUY MADE)
- Cut the tempeh block in half to make 3×4 inch blocks. Slice each half lengthwise into about 8 long strips.
- Place maple syrup, liquid aminos, 1 tablespoon olive oil, vinegar, liquid smoke, garlic powder and cumin into a shallow baking dish.
- Place the tempeh strips into the marinade. Toss in mixture and coat tempeh well with the marinade. Place in the refrigerator and marinate at least 1 hour.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil. Place tempeh strips in and cook on each side for about 3 minutes. Cook tempeh strips until caramlized and golden.