MAKES 6 TACOS
- 1 8 oz gluten free tempeh package, sliced and chopped to little pieces
- Lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- A pinch of salt
- Lemon wedges
- Purple cabbage , chopped finely
- 1 large onion, sliced
- A pinch of garlic powder
- Heat a medium sized skillet and add in olive oil. Allow skillet to heat up and add in chopped tempeh.
- Let the tempeh cook on high heat for about 20 minutes until it’s a nice golden color.
- Add lemon juice to tempeh and tamari sauce. Add a pinch of salt to taste and allow tempeh to cook for another 5 minutes on low heat. Set tempeh aside to cool down a bit.
- In a separate small skillet heat up some olive oil and add sliced onion. Allow onion to cook and add a pinch of garlic. Let onion cook until it caramelizes. Set onion aside to cool down.
- Heat up tortillas in a skillet. Drizzle a tiny bit or corn oil onto tortillas before heating them up on the skillet. Once tortillas are warm start assembling the tacos.
- Add in the caramelized onion, tempeh, purple cabbage, and cilantro to the tortilla. Add in your favorite hot sauce and enjoy with lemon wedges 🙂