MAKES 2 BOWLS
- 1 block of firm tofu (300 – 400g)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten free tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried old bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried basil seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried lemon balm
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- dash of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon gluten free dijon mustard
- lemon juice ( 1 lemon)
- black pepper as desired
- 1 cup of fresh broccoli sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups of organic kale
- 1 tablespoon hemp seed
- Remove tofu from package and drain all water by squeezing tofu block. Place tofu in between two cutting boards and place a heavy rice bag on top to drain water from tofu. Let drain for about 15 minutes.
- Once tofu has drained cut the tofu block into 7 rectangles, then cut each rectangle diagonally into two triangles. You will end up with 14 triangles.
- Place tofu triangles in a container. Add in old bay seasoning, garlic powder, lemon balm, basil and coconut oil to season tofu. Place tofu triangles in fridge and allow to marinade for 45 minutes or overnight.
- Once tofu triangles have marinated, warm coconut oil in a non- stick pan on medium heat.
- Add the tofu triangles to pan and allow to fry for 4-5 minutes on each side. Pour soy sauce and the nutritional yeast onto the tofu triangles and llow to cook for another 5 minutes. Cook until golden brown.
- Remove the tofu triangles from the pan and set aside to cool down.
- In a bowl assemble the salad mix and add in the tofu triangles.
- In a small bowl add in dressing ingredients and mix together evenly until smooth. Add dressing to your bowl and sprinkle in the hemp seeds. Enjoy 🙂